- This event has passed.
Understanding Human Behaviour: The Psychometric Approach
May 30 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm WAT
Personality is what’s on the inside; behaviour is what comes out and it affects – and is affected by – those around us.
Understanding human behaviour allows us to focus on the words/actions which shape our interactions with others, develop effective human skills and provide a framework for predicting behaviour.
In this one-day session, participants will have taken the first step in understanding themselves and their behavioural tendencies/how to manage same. In addition and for managers/senior staff, the session provides a platform for understanding themselves/how to manage others productively in different circumstances and the ever changing social and environmental conditions.
This is an assessment-based (DiSC®) learning experience that helps people reconnect to themselves and others by embracing their diverse strengths and behaviour styles; (before the training date, each participant will take an online assessment that immediately creates a personalised DiSC® profile).
When an organisation understands its staff via their behavioural profiles, it can set better goals and get its workforce to function at peak efficiency.
How you will benefit?
- Gain insights into your behaviour and those of others.
- Understand and appreciate the work styles of others.
- Learn how to communicate and persuade more effectively.
- Create strategies for overcoming challenges when working with people of different DiSC® styles.
- Work collaboratively and respectfully with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- Adapt to new workplace environments and changing professional needs.
- Develop leadership and self-management skills to work effectively in a variety of social and group contexts.
- Respond appropriately to feedback from supervisors and team members
What you will cover
- The four major behavioural profiles/styles
- How the environment affects behaviour
- The cornerstone principles of human behaviour
- Reviewing individual participants DiSC® profiles/styles
- Developing the strength of managers
- Understanding observable behaviour
- What behavioural values mean to the organisation
- Modifying behaviour to manage better
- Coaching and managing the various behavioural profiles/styles
What’s included for participants
- Interactive review sessions driven by personalized DISC profiles
- Specialized reference guides and completed DISC profiles
- Personalized certificate of completion
- N65,000 per participant (limited class size of 25 for effective learning)
- Covers tea break and lunch
Wole Ogundare currently holds the position of Managing Partner/CEO at Carthena Advisory. This advisory firm specializes in optimizing supply and value chains in emerging markets throughout sub-Saharan Africa. In this role, Wole takes a holistic approach to enhancing competitive advantage by improving operations and support functions, resulting in sustainable margins.
Wole is also a non-executive director on the boards of QMBMart Limited and Arit of Africa Limited. He is an alumnus of the prestigious London Business School.
Wole brings over 27 years of enterprise expertise to his current position. He has held previous high-ranking positions as the Managing Director at Yudala Limited (now Konga Online Shopping Limited), Account Management Director at Insight Publicis, and Partner at Phillips Consulting.
Throughout his career, Wole has focused on various initiatives such as business building and sustainability, partnership facilitation, transformative work with international development agencies, market expansion strategies, corporate governance development, financial intermediation, and forensic audit and investigations.
His diverse experience spans across multiple sectors, including but not limited to, retail, marketing communications, telecoms, maritime, real estate, FMCG, power, solid minerals, financial services, health, and agriculture. As such, Wole is a well-rounded and dynamic leader in his field.