- This event has passed.
Conflict Resolution: Dealing with Difficult People
July 25 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm WAT
The ability to communicate through conflict is one of the most important human skills to foster in the workplace. The conflict resolution workshop will help participants to identify causes of conflict and provide techniques for managing workplace conflict.
Edward Deming, the father of quality management, has said that people can face almost any problem except the problem of people. They can work long hours, face declining business, even the loss of a job, but they can’t deal with the difficult people in their lives. This one-day online workshop will help you identify some of the ways you may be contributing to these problems and give you some strategies you can adopt, at work and in your personal life.
Join Wole in this online global classroom to learn how to:
- Recognize how your own attitudes and actions impact on others
- Find new and effective techniques for managing negative emotions
- Develop coping strategies for dealing with difficult people and difficult situations
- Identify those times when you have the right to walk away from a difficult situation
- Learn some techniques for managing and dealing with anger.
What you will cover
- Interactions with others
- Reciprocal relationships
- Anthony Robbins’ Agreement Frame
- Dealing with change
- The five-step process
- Managing your anger
- Managing other people’s anger
- Why don’t people do what they are supposed to?
- Causes of difficult behaviour
- De-stress options
What’s included for participants
- Interactive class sessions driven by case studies and real life scenarios
- Specialized training workbook (for use before, during and after the session), quick reference guides and additional handouts for participants
- Personalized certificate of completion
N65,000 per participant (limited class size of 25 for effective learning)
Wole Ogundare is a strategy, finance and marcomms advisory professional, and currently holds the position of Managing Partner/CEO at Carthena Advisory (a financial and management consulting firm). This firm specializes in optimizing supply and value chains in emerging markets throughout sub-Saharan Africa. In this role, Wole takes a holistic approach to enhancing competitive advantage by improving operations and support functions, resulting in sustainable margins.
Wole is also a non-executive director on the boards of QMBMart Limited and Arit of Africa Limited. He is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria and an alumnus of both the London Business School, United Kingdom and Witts Business School, South Africa.
Wole brings over 27 years of enterprise expertise to his current position. He has held previous high-ranking positions as the Managing Director at Yudala Limited (now Konga Online Shopping Limited), Account Management Director at Insight Publicis, and Partner at Phillips Consulting.
Throughout his career, Wole has focused on various initiatives such as business building and sustainability, policy development/implementation, business partnership facilitation, transformative work with international development agencies, market expansion strategies, corporate governance development, financial intermediation, and forensic audit and investigations.
His diverse consulting experience spans across multiple sectors, including but not limited to, retail, marketing communications, telecoms, maritime, real estate, construction, FMCG, power, solid minerals, financial services, health, and agriculture. As such, Wole is a well-rounded and dynamic leader in his field.