Business Leadership: Becoming Management Material
What will participants learn?
At Carthena Advisory leadership sessions, our unique work approach ensures that all participants are able to learn and go back to work with the mindset of optimizing their value and supply chains – building competitive advantage and sustainable margins respectively.
This three-day workshop is a tool for your leadership development. It is designed to help you create and accomplish your personal best, and to help you lead others to get extraordinary things done. At its core, leadership means setting goals, lighting a path, and persuading others to follow. But the responsibility entails much more. By accepting the challenge to lead, you come to realize that the only limits are those you place on yourself.
How you will benefit?
- Identify your leadership profile and explore how you can use this knowledge to create your own future
- Assess your leadership competencies and learn how you can develop your strengths
- Identify those additional skills and tools that can make you a better leader
- Develop your ability to influence and communicate with others
- Become a better problem-solver and decision-maker
- Discover how you can prepare for and embrace the forces of change
What you will cover
- Leadership profile and competencies to highlight your strengths and challenges
- Directional and consequential thinking and how to develop these skills
- Strategies for influencing others through improved communication and interaction
- Your role in making meetings effective, both as a leader and as a participant
- Critical problem-solving skills and the tools and techniques you can use
- Strategic planning with a SWOT analysis to introduce change
- Ways to manage the change process effectively for sustainable growth
What’s included for participants
- Interactive class sessions driven by case studies and real life scenarios
- Specialized training workbook (for use before, during and after the session), quick reference guides and additional handouts for participants
- Personalized certificate of completion
N95,000 (register now due to limited class size of only 20 – social distancing and Covid-19 guidelines)
- 5% discount (if you register up to 3 participants)
- Covers tea break and lunch
Wole Ogundare is currently the Managing Partner/CEO at Carthena Advisory (www.carthenaadvisory.com) – a financial and management consulting firm uniquely focused on optimising both supply and value chains. This unique approach focuses across all operations and support functions – to build sustainable margins and competitive advantage respectively.
Recently the former Managing Director at Yudala Limited (now Konga Online Shopping Limited), he was in charge of overseeing the appraising, buying, marketing and selling of general consumer goods via the combined outlets of 21 physical stores across Nigeria and an ecommerce platform. The retail market was the highest contributor to Nigeria’s GDP during the recession and currently worth about USD125bn (65% traditional, 34% convenience street shops and 1% formal). Navigating and winning in this terrain required the knowledge and understanding of how, when and where to invest.
Before joining Yudala, he was first with Phillips Consulting as a Partner, managing the Governance and Finance Division and later with Insight Publicis (Nigeria’s number one marketing and communications Agency) as an Account Management Director.
At Phillips Consulting, he led several National and sub-National projects across Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania and Rwanda. At Insight Publicis, he was the major contact point for all projects at the agency. These projects spanned several countries including France, UK, South Africa and Nigeria.
Wole has spent the last 25 years as an enterprise expert focused on business building, market expansion strategies, governance and financial intermediation for current and potential investors in sub-Saharan Africa. He has a varied experience portfolio around the following sectors: retail, public sector, maritime, IT Services, marketing communications, telecoms, FMCG, power, solid minerals, financial services, health and agriculture.
He’s a graduate of the University of Lagos and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria. He’s also a certified practitioner and trainer of Thomas International, UK and an alumnus of the London Business School.
To register, please click the button below: