Today’s workforce is experiencing job burnout and stress in epidemic proportions. While stress can be beneficial in certain situations, chronic or excessive stress can lead to various health problems, including anxiety, depression, sleep disorders, and weakened immune system.
To thrive at work, play and in our homes, we need to understand that stress is an inevitable part of life, and managing it effectively is essential for our overall well-being and productivity.
This one-day workshop explores the causes of such stress, and suggests general and specific stress management strategies that people can use every day. We will also explore different techniques and approaches to manage stress and promote a healthier lifestyle.
- Understand that stress is a positive, unavoidable part of everybody’s life
- Recognize the symptoms that tell you when you have chronic stress overload
- Identify those situations in your life that cause you the greatest stress
- Identify those actions which add to your stress
- Change the situations and actions that can be changed
- Deal better with situations and actions that can’t be changed
- Create an action plan for work, home, and play to help reduce and manage stress