This two-day communication strategies workshop is designed to help you improve your interactions with other people in your workplace or at home. This workshop gives participants the opportunity to improve the critical communication skills of listening, asking questions and being aware of non-verbal messages. This workshop can also help participants who are struggling to find that middle ground between being too aggressive and too passive, and how to counter the manipulative tactics of difficult people. Participants will also learn more about the elements of our communication with others that help us reveal appropriate information about ourselves, and how to get a handle on how to better manage ourselves for a professional image.
- Identify common communication problems that may be holding you back
- Develop skills in asking questions that give you information you need
- Learn what your non-verbal messages are telling others
- Develop skills in listening actively and empathetically to others
- Learn how to firmly stand your ground and make your feelings heard
- Enhance your ability to handle difficult situations without being manipulated
- Be aware of the five types of relationships