It’s easy to forget the “manager” part of your “project manager” title amongst all the activity during a project. However, it is crucial that you hone your management skills as they are an important part of your success as a project manager. There are also some advanced project management techniques that you can master to help bring your projects to the next level. These are the two areas that we will focus on in this one-day workshop.
This workshop presumes that you have a thorough understanding of project management, including topics such as preparing a statement of work, setting project goals, scheduling, budgeting, managing project risks, and executing a project.
- Think critically when choosing a project team
- Make the best of an assigned project team
- Help teams move through various stages to become a high-functioning machine
- Maximize productivity at team meetings
- Reward and motivate your team
- Develop and execute a communication plan
- Communicate with sponsors and executives more effectively
- Identify problem team members and strategies for working with them